Friday, July 13, 2018

Handmade Season Work

I have made hundreds of works for my classroom. 
This one was done over 25 years ago with simple pictures from magazines and outline drawings that children colored in.
It has stood the test of time since it is still used 
and is a successful prompt for drawing. 


I simply cut a circle into fourths and found magazine picture representing the four seasons and color coded all. Then, from some old workbook I had black line drawings representing activities done in each season. Learning which season they belong in is part of the lesson given. 


I often make worksheets for my created lessons. The older kids want a paper work to color, draw and write on. My master is their guide to follow. They draw in the pictures to each season. 


When I see a handmade lesson hold student's attention for a long time and teach them skills they did not know it shows me this is a successful activity that I created for them. 


No comments: