Monday, July 2, 2012

Writing in Outer Space



My Space Unit is really huge with the usual Montessori matching cards, etc.
Here I am mainly showing writing/drawing lessons that correspond to the unit.















These writing pages will make a moon landing booklet when done. The simple masters I drew from the corresponding book I made with photos from National Geographic about the actual first moon landing.
The children then copy my simple master and end up with a pretty cool book. This kid's rocket is better than mine!








This next booklet is about the sun.









Last is a page about the moon having no air, water, or life.





















5 comments:

Deb Chitwood said...

Awesome writing examples, Carolyn! I featured one of your photos and your post in my Montessori-Inspired Moon Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/07/16/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-moon-unit/

inspiredmontessori said...

Thank you, Deb for including me in your post!

NoorJanan Homeschool said...

I really like the writing/ drawing pages! Much cooler than draw/write/now. You have inspired me.

Ticia said...

I love the writing on the planets. I love projects like this.

Thanks for linking up to Science Sunday!

inspiredmontessori said...

Thank you for featuring this post on adventuresinmommydom.org, Tricia!
I have plenty of other great science posts for you in the future! So glad I found your science linky site!